Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Praise God for a Living Hope

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In HIS great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrestion of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance than can never perish, spoil or fade - kept in heaven for you, who through faith are sheilded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. I Peter 1:3-5

Fall is a great time for me to reflect on this verse, another birthday, another year passes, all the beautiful flowers from the summer are dying and all nature around me is preparing for a deep sleep. What a great reason to Praise God!!! I have an eternal inheritance that won't perish, spoil (like some of my tomatoes that I haven't picked) or fade.

And He knows me so well. HE is keeping it for me in heaven. I would lose it if I had to hold on to it! (Just like the irreplaceable cookbook which contains Kathryn's famous Cheesecake which is lost somewhere just in this house! Can you imagine me keeping my salvation?? Yikes!)

I have been given so much by God. New Birth. A LIVING hope. Slavation. An inheritance which CAN'T be lost. AND He shields me. In this I should greatly rejoice!!!! (vs 6) I'll say.

I need to remember all this when I feel like all I have been given is a messy kitchen, someone's undone school assignmentand loads of wet towels. :) (At least I have not had to quarrel with any concrete!) I can rejoice even in all this clutter!! God has given me so much more through Jesus. This is all just opportunities for me to ask Him what He wants me to do with His day, and if He indicates "Fold Towels" I can rejoice! It is the job He has for me to do right now, and there is a reason for it and if for no other reason, I should rejoice simply because I belong to Him!!

The beautiful Fall reminds me through it's own beauty to rejoice and enjoy each season of this journey, wet dirty towels and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home