Changes. . . .
Life is about change. The only thing in life that doesn't change is God. Some changes are good and some are more difficult. Starting Monday, lots of things around here will change! For starters, I will be starting my new job at the University where the kids attend. This entire process has taught me many things about the meaning of waiting on the Lord. I began applying back in 2006 (once in 2005) and just now secured a position! The best part is knowing that this is the perfect job for me. None of the other ones were as good a fit as this one!! I will be in the office of Conference & Scheduling. Perfect!! I am really looking forward to the challenge!!
Now begins the domino effect. All the changes that will be propagated from this one are beyond my thought process right now. Everyone is up for it and this will be a new chapter in our family history! Already there have been lots of encouragement from the family, people cooking wonderful meals, emptying the dishwasher, picking up. And with people who have Starbucks Barista training around, I know there will be helpers to clean the bathrooms!!
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for this, we now have an answer that is Yes instead of No!! To celebrate we had a steak dinner and cake for dessert, such fun!!!

4 Comments:
Congratulations on the job!!! How exciting to hear that it is the perfect fit. Just don't get discouraged in the first few weeks. It takes quite awhile to get back into the swing of working full time after you have been out of it for any amount of time.
Thanks Mary! Week 1 down and I really love it and am learning the ropes pretty quickly! The hardest part is the early morning waking time! But I think I will get used to it!! Check in with me in another few weeks!! Miss you!!!!!
Congratulations!!! You knew it would happen eventually..it was just waiting for you.
Yes, it will take a little bit to learn names and procedures, but nothing you can't handle. You will do a super job just like everything else you tackle.
Thanks Teri!!! Now I am like you and have an .edu e-mail!!!!! Thanks for all the support! Miss you guys up there!! Have you had snow yet?????
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home