Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Nashville, Take 2, Minus one


Pre-Nashville biking!!


Dueling Bikes. Dad remembering how.


Ross and Kathryn shopping in town. Looking for Cashews.


Beautiful art on the main street.

We took another trip to Nashville, this time with Ross, who was on Fall Break, and not Philip, who had classes all day. But at least everyone got to go at one time or another. It was fun, and we did miss PJ, but we all appreciated the trip.

Appreciation and gratitude are important things in a Christian's life. This month, the card companies, Christian book stores, flower shops and others want us to remember to appreciate our pastors. Even though they do profit from their encouragement, I think it is good to remember those who labor in the Lord with and for us.

Galatians 6:6 Anyone who receives instruction in the Word must share all good things with his instructor.

ITimothy 5:17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

In the body where I worship, we have incredible leaders. Three wise and humble men serve as pastors and we are blessed to have a servant-hearted man to assist these men. God has used these men as instruments to open His Word and share His truths. I am convicted to share with them all good things the Lord has brought into my life. I hope to encourage others to do the same. A French Silk pie, a card, an e-mail of encouragement of how the Lord has used them in our lives all would be good actions. I am so grateful for these leaders and for the lives they live for the Lord.

But especially, be sure to PRAY for these Godly men.

One in particular has a birthday this week (Wed) and I know he would especially appreciate knowing we have been praying for him. (That would be James in case you don't have your calendars in front of you!)

I Thessalonians 5:12,13 Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Praise God for Friends who always have the courage to turn us back to the Lord with a word from scripture even when they KNOW it is Hard for us to hear!!!!

10/14/2005 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so much fun!!!

10/15/2005 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home