Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

50!!!!

Last night, we had 50 people come to our door to seek out what we were giving!!! 50 people left here with tracts with the precious Word of God and a message of His plan for salvation!!! 50!! Wow. They also got a candy bar. But the sweetest thing they received was God's Word. It was so exciting! When was the last time you had 50 people coming to your door eager to accept a tract? Exciting!

Colossians 4:5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.

One little neighbor boy, Jake from across the street, rang the bell. I opened the door and told him I had something special just for him and put the tract and candy in his pillow case (the young man had great expectations for the evening I guess!) He was so excited, he thought it was a Pacer's ticket. I told him it was better than that, it was a message God had for Him! "Cool, I can't wait to go home and see what He says!!"

Smile.

Another little girl about 3 drug her exhausted Dad, in his "I've just gotten home from work" costume, complete with loosed tie and tired dark eyes, to our door. When I gave her the tract she grabbed it from me and turned to her dad and said, "Daddy, can you read this to me now?" "Not right now, but just as soon as we get home, O.K.?"
"O.K., lets go home." I am sure that tract was read!!

One little 2-year old black and white cow actually threw the candy back at Kathryn and only wanted the tract. She had to stuff the candy into his bag. "Unless you become like children. . . "

We met several new families from all around the neighborhood who have just in the last several months moved in. One dad and I talked for almost 10 minutes (a long time for a little candy seeker to wait!) about raising children, home schooling, and what we can base our parental decisions on. . . God's Truth! I hope we can follow up on that conversation!

I know this kind of "evangelism" isn't for every family. When our crew was young, we watched the OLD Luther in black and white, played "reformation games" (involving lots of crawling) or read the story of Luther. It wasn't the season for this kind of outreach. (I so appreciate the Bright's Reformation Night at church for just this season! So great!)

I was again reminded last night that October 31 belongs to our God. Our Lord and Savior has victory over death and the Father of lies. It was exciting to be a light in the darkness, quite literally! If you think of it, please pray with us for those 50 tracts. Pray they would be read and that God's Word would be considered by our neighbors and that they would be drawn to Him. Pray that God would remind them which home they received the tract from, especially if they are seeking more information. And if they are angry, pray we would have the grace to respond like Christ!! :)

I have some beautiful pictures I wanted to post, but our computer is in the process of death, or at least is dead at the moment. So, I am borrowing one Mr. R has at his work desk and can't upload pictures. Maybe it will be resurrected tomorrow and I can add them! Until then, picture a little blonde-hair princess in pink and purple sparkles holding a tract with both hands and looking up at me with big blue eyes asking, "is this REALLY for me?" "Yes dear, especially for you!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

That's pretty cool. It's amazing the opportunities God gives us to share the truth about him with others if we are just willing to look for them. Love ya!

11/08/2005 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home