Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart. . .

One of my favorite traditions on Thanksgiving day is to spend time remembering. Specifically, we remember so many people who have made investments in our lives. Remembering people God brought into our lives and then moved them on to other places. Remembering our family members, near and far, who are the ones God placed in relation to us for the rest of our lives.

We remember all these people by making our Christmas cards. We've come a long way in our card making, from finger painted pieces of paper folded into wings of a dove, to tie-dyed paper cut into stars, to marbles rolled in paint and then on to the paper, and scenes made of drawing and paper, rubber stamps, glitter and many other creative and crafty designs. All depending on the age and the number of little hands we had involved.

Now we all sit around the table and sign the cards, stuff a family photo in and place our family "news" letter into an envelope. On each of those envelopes is a name of someone who has touched our lives, someone we want to remember and be thankful for. This year we don't even have to lick those envelopes, they are the peel and stick ones, now that is another thing to be thankful for!! It is such a fun way to remember what God has done in our lives in the past, especially through people.

Remembering is so important in our lives. Especially remembering the things God has done. I often forget to recall all the wonders and works He has done for His glory throughout the history of the world which benefits me, one of His children.

Remember this, fix it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels, Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I made known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do. Isaiah 46:8-11.

It is such a comfort to know His plans and purpose will stand. I hope tomorrow as we prepare our cards, we will be able to see and remember the plans He has carried out so far in our lives and be thankful not only for these, but also for the special people, like you, He has brought into our lives to help accomplish His purposes!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home