Flying high!
It is neat how God worked some things out. Specifically who Philip ended up having as a flight instructor. A little history first. When the kids were all very little, my uncle managed the Greenwood Airport and we would go over with everyone in jammies and watch planes land at night. (If there were no planes, my uncle would click his transponder and make the runway lights go up and everyone was just as happy!) Often the kids and I would go over and "hang out" and have my uncle take them for "rides" in the airplanes as he would tow them from a hanger to the terminal. Once in a great while, my aunt would babysit the boys for me when I had prenatal appoints with Kathryn. My uncle was a flight instructor and could instruct those who wanted to be flight instructors. He developed cancer and eventually was unable to fly or instruct. His last student he signed off to become a flight instructor is the man who is now Philip's instructor. Cliff, the instructor, was delighted to be able to be returning the favor to my uncle by instructing his great grand nephew. It's a small world, especially in the world of Aviation!

2 Comments:
Great pics and great story. Strange for me to see so much of my brother in these grown up young men. PS....I see alot of you in them too.
Lisa
Hey Lisa!!!!! I am glad to hear from you!! I can't believe how fast the girls have grown up as well!!! Love you lots! Lori
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home