Sigh,
Yes, the month of May is over, and not one post. I can't figure out if May needs more or less days. If more, I think I would cram more into the month, if less, I would never get accomplished the tasks God puts before me!!
This month was so fun. Many milestones and new directions for many in my family. One particularly fun thing was a week and a half trip to the Smokey Mountains and Ashville, NC,to celebrate Mr. R and I's 25th wedding anniversary. It was so fun. We hadn't been to Gatlinburg since Pj was 6 months old. Much had changed. It rained almost everyday and we spent hours in front of the fireplace and out on the screened patio just talking and enjoying the fruits of 25 years of loving each other. And I thought I loved him more than I ever could 25 years ago, boy was I wrong.
Its like my relationship with the Lord. When I first answered His call on my life, I thought I loved Him as much as I ever could. Boy, was I wrong. With each of these last 25 years, 20 of which I have loved Him as Savior and Lord, I realize how much more I love Him. .. and He me.
Sigh. What a blessing. He knows me from inside out and plans directions for me that are in line with His will, He uses me in service to Him as I love and serve my children and husband. And He knows when I am in need. . .
Especially when hiking a 6 mile up hill and down trail to see a waterfall in the mountains. With no hiking boots, only slippery tennis shoes to ford through creek laden trails and mud. But with the Lords grace and Mr. R's strong arms to add support, we made it. And on the way home, in God's sense of humor, we found hiking boots on sale and bought them. For sure, next time I hike, I'll know more about how He supports me and carries me and know that if I make it there and back, it's not the boots, its Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home