Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Peace That Passes Understanding....


The day ended as peaceable as it began. I park near the ER entrance in the wee hours to gain entrance to the hospital. A soft rain was falling this morning as I walked across the dark parking lot in silence. The parrots nearby which usually fill the air by day with their concerns, were quietly muttering.
Mom was up and about today with rehab and trips to the restroom. Her second rehab session resulted in a lot of pain and she spent most of the afternoon back in bed. By dinner the medicine had helped relieve her pain and we ate dinner together. I helped her brush her teeth tonight and realized we had come full circle in life. I was caring for the one who cared for me when I was helpless as a child. It reminded me of a time as a child when I passed the doorway of my sister Teri’s room late at night and saw Mom holding a sick sibling in her lap. She was almost hidden by the mist from a vaporizer in the room and only small shafts of light from a nightlight shown her form. She still had her apron on from the day and was struggling to keep her head up. I am thankful for the opportunity to help here. It has caused me to better understand the incredible sacrifice of others in my life, especially the sacrifice my wife Lori put forth in helping her Mom when she was helpless.
Mom fell asleep quickly tonight at about 7pm. I found her new night nurse Liz and we exchanged info before I left. On the way home I caught the ‘Peace on Earth,’ message. It reminded me of the incredible peace that God brought to us by the sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ. Take Care...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts. Thank you for sharing your reflections. I am so thankful that you are there with Mom to help her and be of comfort to her.

12/14/2006 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home