Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Symphony

To live content with small means;
to seek elegance rather than luxury,
and refinement rather than fashion;
to be worthy, not respectable and wealthy, not rich;
to study hard, think quietly
talk gently, act frankly;

to listen to stars and birds,
to babes and sages,
with an open heart;
to bear all cheerfully,
do all bravely,
await occasions, hurry never.

In a word, to let the
spiritual, unbidden, and unconscious grow up
through the commonplace.

This is to be
my symphony.

William Henry Channing (1810-1884)

May it always reveal Him in all I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. R said...

Thanks Diane! I got your call, but don't seem to be home long enough at the right time to return it!! I haven't forgotten!!!

9/29/2006 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I was wondering :)I'll talk to you when you are able

10/07/2006 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home