Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The first of the season. . .

Pomegranate that is. I just opened my first Pomegranate of the season. In my wonderful, warm, soft lemon yellow turtle neck sweater. Duh. What was I thinking! After the first cut I looked like I just walked out of one of those "Saw" movies. And Pomegranate juice is really red.

So while my sweater is soaking in Zout, I begin to think, Lord, aren't I supposed to know better by now? Aren't I supposed to be getting wiser as I get older. Isn't that one of the perks of this aging thing? Why do I do so many things and then say, "Oh, why did I do that?"

Then I realize, I am getting wiser. That is why I see so many more of my mistakes and, uh, stupid things. When I was younger, I didn't see these things. I thought I had it all together. But, God in His grace, is allowing me to see how much I need Him and His wisdom to get through every day. If I don't turn to Him, I am like a rebellious child who doesn't act like a child of God, doesn't listen to His instruction and relies on lies and deceit to make myself feel better about my sins and mistakes. (that, by the way, never works)

Guess what, I am going to make more mistakes. Isn't that Great! I know my Savior can take care of them and make them right, or at least use them for His Glory. Isn't that the goal? For His Glory! And who am I to say it is not part of His plan for my life? Why am I so eager to cover up His work in me?

"You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, 'He did not make me'? Can the pot say of the potter, 'He knows nothing'? (Isa. 29:16)

I hope He sees it a good thing to make my wonderful favorite sweater right, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home