With The Lord a Day. . .
Is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. (2 Peter 3:8b) It hasn't been a thousand years, but it has been longer than a week. It is a good thing the Lord is not slow in keeping His promises!
The Lord was especially gracious to me over the last 4 weeks. The Christmas Holiday was fantastic to have everyone around and enjoying each other and relaxing. I love looking forward to a new year, but I always enjoy looking back over my journal from the year which just ended to see what He taught me, brought me through and how He grew my Faith. Then, I write it on a sticky note and put it in the front of my Bible so that when I feel under spiritual attack or discouraged, I can look back over several years and see what He has done and know that what ever is facing me now, I am not facing it alone, nor facing it with hopelessness. I have to find a better method, however, 1999, 2000 and 2003 have disappeared from my Bible, guess sticky notes are not supposed to be permanent!
Now comes our Birthday Season, which started at the end of December and lasts until Mid February with all the fun and excitement that goes along with those celebrations! It is so humbling to me to think of these remarkable people God used me to bring into the world. Their lives are so worth celebrating as is all that God has done in their lives!
I doubt I'll have many posts in the next few weeks, but thanks for checking in and I pray you will have a wonderful start to this New Year!
And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also REJOICE in our SUFFERINGS, because we know that suffering produces perserverance, perserverance, character; and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. Rom. 5:2-5

2 Comments:
Thanks for sharing what you do each new year with your journal. That is a wonderful way of seeing how faithful God is in carrying us through tough times and the blessings He brings and what He has taught us. I may just make that something I do too. ;) Every now and then I get out my journals and read through some of that pages, but never thought of doing it yearly to reflect back on the past year. That's awesome!
Have a great day!!
Missed you last Sunday, glad you had a good time at the conference! See you this Sunday!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home