Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Standing Stones



Is this prince charming? No, actually it is Dracula!

Today was one of those special, sentimental days.

I have always felt that, as a photographer, one of the most special days in the life of my kids in their Senior year is when they have their senior portraits taken. It was exciting with the guys, but with me wee daughter. . . . over the top fun.

I always go through old photo albums sometime just before we go, kind of to remember "from whence we have come." I have LOTS of photos of every stage of her life. I remember them like they were taken yesterday. For me, senior pictures are fun and mark a wonderful milestone in each person's life. Sort of like the standing(living) stones Peter talks about in I Peter 2, a "momumnet" for us to put up so someone might be caused to ask, "Wow, what happened here?" and we can answer, "Let me tell you what my God has done."
Today was like being a princess and playing dress up and pretend on steroids. It was hysterical fun. The photographer, (Scott Brooks, a friend who also happens to be a professional photographer) took almost 200 photos! (and this was the first to two sessions!!!)
Oh my, many stones!!!

Mr. R went this time too, and snapped a few shots on his phone of the photographer at work. We can't wait to see the "real" work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's her senior year. It seems like yesterday I was holding her when she was just a baby. I will never forget on particular day. She was about 4 months old. We went to Joey's house to celebrate his wedding. I remember holding K, and I started to cry because my niece had just passed away a few months before, and she was the same age that K was when she passed. I remember my eyes filling up with tears, and then I realized that K was smiling at me. I will never forget it. It was like a weight was lifted off my heart. Okay. I don't know why I went there! But she looks absolutely beautiful and so grown up.

9/15/2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Mrs. R said...

Believe it or not, I remember that too!

9/17/2006 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home