Smitten with Manner Schnitten…
Tuesday….A neighbor friend visited late in the day, Gabby, and dropped off hazelnut cream filled wafers filled with hasselnusscreme made by Manner Schnitten …wow. She felt we weren’t eating enough. Ok, before you think we, I, live for food here think again. All the college students reading this understand, it’s about stress management right? Indulge the body while blitzing the mind. Just watch the portions.
Tuesday was a fantastic day! The goal was to get up and move around and praise God she did. A rehab nurse from Quebec, Ann, helped us get ‘toouff,’ as she said in her French accent. She started Viva with some in bed exercises and progressed to standing with a walker and walking. She was very gentle but firm in her approach. I was the chair-man, instructed to follow the parade with a recliner on wheels in case she tired. Viva did so well we made it to the hall and back to her chair twice! The transition coordinator came by today and is beginning the plans for moving her to the rehab center later this week. My team member and sister returned home today to take care of her family, thank you Lisa for all your help. It really encouraged me to have you here to help and share the experience. I loved hearing about her girl’s text messages. Lisa and I had some great conversations. I was in college and she was in high school when my parents moved here to retire, taking her with them. One of the beautiful things about family is no matter where you left off last with them, you simply pickup again at the next meeting and go on sharing your life with them.
Today, Wednesday, I met up with the doctor early again. All tubes come out today and pain relief will be Tylenol only. Viva received two units of blood overnight that should make her feel even stronger today and help with the hemo count. She did have a restless night due to some IV machine problems. He mentioned she would probably stay at the hospital till Friday to make sure she is strong for the move to the rehab center. The goal today will be to get up, move around more, eat and continue exercises. Thanks for the calls and blog replies. Love you all…

3 Comments:
Good Morning everyone. So great to hear that your new knee works! Yes, make sure you get enough calories. You're in training now.
Love, Teri
I may need to get some training tips from mom....sounds like she will be an expert on the "no pain, no gain" mantra. I can tell you all one thing....Mom is in the hands of an expert care giver. DLR you might be able to hire out your services!!!
Hope the moving around minus the push button pain med isn't tooo painful. Keep eating and resting!! Tomorrow is always a bit better!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home