Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Steps

After a night of thunderstorms I took a quick walk on the beach in the early AM. I never get tired of seeing the ocean. It was another restless night for Mom although a hospital is not the place for sleeping. However, she continues to recover rapidly and began walks outside her room. All monitoring has been removed including the coveted catheter, that means trips to the potty. She also enjoyed a special cocktail prepared by her nurse, the Black Russian. A generous mixture of prune juice and milk of magnesia. Yum. Her appetite is growing and tomorrow may hold a salad from beyond the hospital walls. Please continue to pray for protection from infection. Love you all. Dave



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that really what you call her? Does she know it? Or does everyone call her that.

Great picture of the beach. I love going there right after it storms.

Take care!

Glenna

8/16/2007 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,
That leg looks really good - way straighter than the last time I saw it! You are like an old pro this time around. Glad to see all is going so well and that Dave, Lisa, and the girls could be there. You should be settled in your new digs by now. Start counting the days.
Love, Teri

8/17/2007 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!! The nurse wasn't the Black Russian, I think that is what the drink of prune juice and m.o.m. was called!!! Yeah, I wouldn't want a nurse that sounded as mean as "Black Russian!!"
Happy Moving day Viva, off to the "resort" the Springs!!!

hugs, Lori

8/17/2007 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny. But if you read it, it looks like that's the nurse's name:

She also enjoyed a special cocktail prepared by her nurse, the Black Russian.

So I'm not that crazy, am I?

Well, I got my laugh in for the day. Hope Dave has a safe trip home.

Love, Glenna

8/17/2007 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home