Live a Life Worthy

I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph. 4:1-2

Sunday, December 17, 2006

There and Back Again......

Today was my last day to help Mom. We had lunch in her room then went outside the rehab center to sit awhile. The gardens in the area and sunshine were wonderful! We then went back to her room and she walked some of the halls. It was then time for me to catch a cab to the airport. I feel it was a successful trip in that Mom is doing well and seems strong to start her rehab on Monday. I am thankful for the many people from the hospital to the rehab center who did and are doing such an excellent job serving. I have gained a new sensitivity for the helpless. As my Mom and I discussed, it is easy to view the helpless or elderly as being something less than a whole person just because they can't always participate or express themself. In talking with many people at the rehab center I found it to be rich in lives lived and continuing to be lived in only a different capacity. I listened to many interesting stories and met some wonderful people. With this posting I will be returning the blog to its owner, Mrs R . Please pray Mom's recovery continues to go well. Merry Christmas.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again Dave for all you did. And thanks Lori for sharing him with Mom. I talked to mom last night, and she sounds like she is making great progress. The motivation is key --- go home! Everything went so smoothly thanks to you and Lisa. The whole thing is a lot less scary now to her as well as us. Love you all. Teri

12/18/2006 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home